Welcome to the India Blog!

Check out the updates, photos,or videos!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Week 7...........fighting through!

Cute Kid  making funny face.(house visit ministry)

This last week was extemely challenging. Me, Weston, and Solomon(our third teamate for the time being)  have been sick. Weston had to visit the hospital on tuesday, november 16. He was extremely ill and had to be connected to an I.V. to be rehydrated. We have a a different experiance here in this town. Weston and I have basically been used to change a pastors perspective and heart.  After I questioned the ministry and the difficulties we have been facing having to do with finances and housing, he changed his tone and said some things that were not godly at all.  We made a dsicion after what he said that we are done with ministry in this town, but God used me to basically lovingly rebuke him and correct him in his error, then all of the people we are with begged us to reconsider and stay. After prayer, we decided to stay. After that incident, they have all been giving us much more honor and respect because they see that our hearts are for Jesus. They now ask me questions about the bible and things of christianity. I have been used like crazy in this place for teaching the Word of God and giving prophetic words. Almost every house we enter, God gives me a word to speak in order to reveal hearts. One house we walked in, I was told by God that at night the lady was experience much fear. He also told me the reason for the fear, it was because she was keeping a secret and not taking it to God, almost as if a hidden sin. After I told her these things, she was lightly tearing, and said that it is all true. Please pray that I continue to walk in the power of God and Weston also.Our minisry here seems to be more directed to encouraging and strengthening believers. One man was Roman catholic for 40 years, and God used me to reveal to him, from the bible,that we are not to pray to Mary, but God alone. He intenlty listened to all that I spoke with an open mind. He then changed his mind and even wanted to get rid of his catholic bible. I will be visiting him again on saturday to encourage him more and see if truly he has changed his perspective. God has been with us every step of the way showing Himself strong on our behalf because our hearts are loyal to Him (2 Chronicles 16:9). The first ministry we departed from, we ended up losing $1,600, but a couple of days ago, I recieved word that someone in America had deposited $1,600 into my bank account. Praise Jesus!! He revealed to us that our decision to leave the previous ministry was guided by His Spirit, and that we made a correct choice. Through all our difficulties on this trip we are like minded, in that, Weston and I only want to preach the gospel, encourage believers, build the church and advance the kingdom of God. Because our hearts are only for these things, we know that every choice we make is made with the correct heart, so then we know that God will honor our choices and ministry. Keep us in prayer for these things and also to know where we are to go after this mountain town ministry is over, which is probably less that 2 weeks.
Thank you all for everyithing,
In Christ
-Daniel.....Amen.

1 comment:

  1. daniel!!! can you give me phone number where i can call you? i miss you and i wanna talk to you!

    LOVE
    jackie

    ReplyDelete